Todd had Pioneer Day, a state holiday, off this year. We decided to head outdoors for the day. Unfortunately, so did all the rest of the Wasatch Front. We road our bikes with the kids in the trailer and headed up a trail near Alta. Once we reached the campground we took a hike to Cecret Lake. It was crazy! As you looked up the trail there was just a steady line of color. People looking like ants! Not exactly the peace and solitude we were hoping for, but it was still fun. Luckily, on the way down we were able to take a different trail with less people.We were surprised at how loud people are when they're out hiking. I think they feel like they have to yell to each other. I learned a lot about people I don't even know. I wish we could have put up a sign that said, " People trying to enjoy nature, please be quiet!" Oh well, I guess that' s what you get when you take a hike so close to a city!
After the hike we took Katie down the Alpine Slide at Snowbird. She loved it. I wish I could have had the video camera. Her face was hysterical! All in all a great day. By the time we got home, we were all so tired we missed the fireworks!


Last weekend we went up to a friend of Todd's cabin in the Uintahs. It was beautiful. Katie was able to have her first horse ride. She loved it! There were also a few boys there, who were a little older than her, that took her on "bear hunts". It was like she had died and gone to heaven. I've never seen her so dirty!Todd and I were relieved to see that she does enjoy getting dirty despite her tendencies to dress up like a princess all the time!
1 comment:
Wow, what an amazing view. It's so beautiful. I was cracking up with the "quiet please. People trying to enjoy nature." that's hysterical! I can't believe you hiked with 2 young kids! Your my hero!
Post a Comment