Thursday, October 23, 2008

At 9 Months

At nine months my little guy is growing way to fast. I find myself wanting to hog all of his attention just because it's going all too fast. I just want to freeze him and savor each moment. His cheeks are way too squishing and warm and his jac-o-lantern toothy grin just melts me heart.

A few little tidbits about the "other" man in my life:

*18 lbs 1 oz. and 18 1/4 inches. I'm still wondering how he can only be in the 20% when he weighs two pounds more than his sister did at this age. That darn boy vs girl scale!

*He eats more than I have seen any kid his size eat. Even my father in law will vouch for this. I don't know where the kids hides it.
* Favorite foods include anything not tied down that can be put in the mouth. He loves guacamole, bananas, squash and cheerios.
* Still takes three naps a day and sleeps through the night

*I love how he is trying to be brave my doing his sweet little toe taps and full body bouncing while trying to muster up the courage to make it from one piece of furniture to the other. Then when he has, giggling out of pure joy and self satisfaction.
*I love how he lights up in the morning when his big sister comes in to snuggle with me in bed and we play and play in bed before finally giving in to the fact that we need to get out.
* I love that his concentration can be so intense that he removes himself from his support system and stands all on his own for about 1 minute. Then he realizes he is standing by himself, freaks out and sits down.
* I love how thrilled he is that he can walk behind his "toot-toot" all by himself. (I don't love that he will be walking in a short while.)
* I love how he will cuddle into me and his blanket, but it just isn't quite enough if he doesn't have his thumb in his mouth.
* I love the crazing ways the kid can sleep and truth be told I love that right now I am his favorite and safest person!
So, so grateful to have my skinnier, but squishy babe to love for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Mary said...

He is so cute! I can't believe its been 9 months!