Monday, June 29, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Swimming lessons were a huge hit this year!!! It probably had something to do with the bath water pool! There were mornings I was wishing I could hop on in! Katie had no fear this year. A very stark contrast to last year when she wouldn't even put her face in the water. This year was all about jumping off the side, putting her head under, the dead man's float and eventually the diving board. I absolutely loved hearing her say, "mom watch me." It was as though I had arrived as a mom. I remember yelling those same things at my own mother and her clapping, jumping up and down, etc. Now it's my turn to make her think and feel like she is the best and the greatest. Oh, how I love summer.










2 comments:

Aimee said...

Awesome!!! Where are they taking lessons?

Melissa said...

Aimee,
Katie took lessons at a friend's neighbor's house. I really liked it---as did she.