Monday, November 2, 2009

Fancy Nancy Style Birthday Party

Here is my extremely FANCY five year old!!!

Katie's party was more than a month ago, but somehow I'm just getting around to documenting it. I should have waited to have her first party until this age. It was so much fun!

Katie and I had such a fun time planning it and making all the favors and decorations. Everything was patterned as closely after the books as possible, per Katie's request, of course. There were several statements during the planning that consisted of "Fancy Nancy does it this way or Fancy Nancy likes this." These statements were made with the most fancy French accent Katie could possibly come up with. It really was quite hilarious. That girl cracks me up!

We had a Fancy Nancy tea party with all of the important Fancy Nancy style touches. There were butterfly jelly sandwiches with fuchsia lemonade followed by parfaits. During the tea party we had French music playing and read a Fancy Nancy story. We played musical chairs, pin the tail on Frenchy and made macaroni necklaces.

Everyone received a fancy purple bag full of very fancy accessories, plumes and glitter notebooks, lotion and bubble bath.

I have to say I had a ball planning this party. I still can't believe I have a five year old!

















4 comments:

Brooke Eriksen said...

Impressive!

alaynamarriott said...

Oh wow Melissa! Just when I think you are the most amazingly perfect person in the world......you whip out another talent. You are just too cute, and too creative. Love all of the darling details. Afterall, it's all about the details. Oh and that cake....so cute. Love, love this party. I definitely want to be Fancy Nancy's friend! P.S. Katie is so cute! I can't believe she is all grown up.

Dave and Mandi said...

Wow is right. That is absolutely adorable!! You are so talented Melissa! And I LOVE your photography...I so wish I was still in Utah for you to do my baby's newborn pics!!

Ann & Patrick McVey said...

How Adorable! My girls love for me to read them the Fancy Nancy books. I can't wait until they get old enough to plan a party like that. It sounds like you had a great time.