Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Two months already?!!

How has it really been two months already?!!!

I am painfully aware of how quickly this little guy is growing. I finally had to pack up the newborn clothes a few weeks ago even though he has been out of them for quite some time. It's just so hard to realize that little stage has already come and gone. I really wish I could stretch that whole newborn-ness (probably not a word-but you get the idea) phase a little longer. Don't get me wrong, I adore all the phases in their own little ways, but that newborn phase they are just so helpless and fresh from heaven. I could just sit and stare at them while wondering about who they were just with and what they were thinking about me being their mother. I know, heavy thoughts for looking at such a sweet tiny face.

Anyway, John is absolutely adorable! We all love him so much. He has won us all over again and again with his sweet little smiles that sometimes make him look a little more screwy than cute. He is especially chatty in the morning. Sometimes we all stay in my bed and just smile and talk to him while he coos back. I'm sure we all look like the biggest goofs, but he seems to love it!

We finally got him some medicine for his reflux and things seem to be going a little smoother now. There are still many nights when I am walking up and down the street after the kids are in bed trying to get him to calm. There is some sort of magic in the outdoors for him~he's his father's son. He almost instantly calms when I walk outside with him. If I come back from a walk before he is asleep he screams the second we walk in the door! I'm so so grateful it is summer so I can go outside. I don't know what we would do if it were winter!!!

He is very aware of who his siblings are and whether or not they are in the room with him. He definitely wants to be a part of the circus all the time. If we leave the room without him he instantly starts his little cat calls for us to come get him. If we are gone too long it turns into full blown screams until we return and then he's all smiles again. He loves when Katie sings to him. He just looks right at her and she sings in her sweet little voice. It really does make your heart melt. And, Joey is so concerned if anyone tries to touch him or look at him. "He my baby bruder. No touch my baby bruder. I love him." Oh, I am lucky girl to have these little people!

So, he is still holding strong as the chunkiest baby in the fam.

11 pounds 6.5 ounces
22.75 inches
A full head of hair

**These were taken around 6 weeks.



2 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow! He is so beautiful. I LOVE the newborn stage too. So sad that it goes by so fast!

Bethany said...

So cute Melissa! Love that little guy.