
I'm not sure how it happened, but she did it. She turned seven on me! How is it possible that I have a seven year old?!
My dear sweet girl,
You are seven today and I can hardly believe it. It seems like only yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital. We new we were luckiest two people on the earth to be your parents. We were over the moon. You were the perfect little person to start our family.
You are seven today and I can hardly believe it. It seems like only yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital. We new we were luckiest two people on the earth to be your parents. We were over the moon. You were the perfect little person to start our family.
Here are just a few things about you on your seventh birthday.
You are such a smart little girl and a voracious reader. You adore reading. Most mornings I find you sitting in front of the heater with your nose in a book. It makes my heart sing to know that you love books. You have an insatiable desire to learn and try new things.
You are such a smart little girl and a voracious reader. You adore reading. Most mornings I find you sitting in front of the heater with your nose in a book. It makes my heart sing to know that you love books. You have an insatiable desire to learn and try new things.
You are stubborn. I suppose you didn't have a chance on that one with your mommy and daddy being who they are. We've locked horns a few times, but mom and dad always seem to win out!
You are my little gazelle. You've got these little legs of steal. You love to ski, run and ride your bike. Any you are awesome. You are so excited to start tennis lessons. I'm sure you'll be a natural.
You are fearless in so many ways, and yet I love those moments when you let me know that you still need me. That you want me to be close, to hold you hand and make you feel safe. I know these days are numbered so I'm savoring each one of them. Yesterday, you asked me if I would sit with you at the movie during the school field trip. It made my heart soar. When I asked you to please stop growing you told me couldn't, but that you wanted to stay with me forever and ever. I love that.
You've been a trooper these last few months. I know it has been difficult to keep up with all the changes. You've done so well going to a new school in a country, trying to understand what the teacher is saying and making new friends. You are a natural at making friends. It amazes me how you just jump in like you've known each other for ever. I'm sorry that we have put you through so much when you are so little. I feel like you have been thrown from pillar to post.
You adore your brothers and they you. I love that you are so motherly to baby John without even being taught. It makes me laugh when you talk to him in your own little version of "motherese." You are such a wonderful sister to them. You are already fiercely protective of them. Just the other day another little boy wouldn't let Joey down the slide and you were so sweet. You said, "Come on Joe, I'll make it so you can go down." Then you marched right over to that mean boy and said, "My brother wants to go down this slide and he can." And, that was that. You sent such a powerful message to him of loyalty and love. In that moment I saw him idolize you.
You love to go to church and read the scripture readers. I'm certain you know those stories better than I did when I was little. You are very concerned about doing the right thing and not disappointing your Heavenly Father. Primary songs are some of your favorite and you have the most beautiful singing voice.
I love that you are just starting to taste who you want to be as a person. I have seen you exert so much more independence in these last few months. I love that you are so confident with yourself, and yet, I'm terrified for you. I wish I could keep you safe from all the awful things of the world, but I know I can't. In order to see the beauty this world has to offer you must experience the bad. And, that is part of what will help mold you into the person your Father in Heaven wants you to be. I hope I have done enough to instill at your young age that you are a daughter of God and a very precious soul to Him and to your mom and dad. Please remember that my darling daughter.
I love that you are just starting to taste who you want to be as a person. I have seen you exert so much more independence in these last few months. I love that you are so confident with yourself, and yet, I'm terrified for you. I wish I could keep you safe from all the awful things of the world, but I know I can't. In order to see the beauty this world has to offer you must experience the bad. And, that is part of what will help mold you into the person your Father in Heaven wants you to be. I hope I have done enough to instill at your young age that you are a daughter of God and a very precious soul to Him and to your mom and dad. Please remember that my darling daughter.
My sweet baby girl, you are beauty. I love that God has allowed me to be your mother. I'm learning that you are teaching me far more than I can ever teach you. Thank you for being mine.
Love,
1 comment:
Happy Happy Birthday my dear Katie!!! I hope your day was wonderful! We love you so much!
Post a Comment