I have been loving my new camera. I really don't know how all the bells and whistles work yet, but I'm trying to learn. Photography is my new obsession! (You'll have to bear with all the extra trial pictures I post. ) Katie is loving it too. She always wants me to take her picture, but she has yet to figure out the "natural" smile. I suppose I should enjoy her forced grin that makes her upper lip fold under because it won't be long before she figures it out and I miss it!
The festival wasn't as breathtaking as last year. I'm sure it has something to do with the doubly long winter we're "enjoying". Most of the tulips hadn't even opened yet. However, it was so fun to get out with Aunt Lou and Grandma Sue. Katie sure enjoyed running around on all the fun paths. Unfortunately, TRAGEDY struck about halfway through. My new camera decided not to work on autofocus. It would still work on manual, but as you can see it had major issues. I was devastated! Luckily, after a few phone calls to Costco and Nikon I received a brand new camera today free of charge. It seems I had some random fluke with mine. Thank heavens I ordered it from Costco and not those shady characters in Brooklyn, NY.
6 comments:
Good job with the camera. I am glad you got a new one. The pictures look great. I love that Katie tells you the pose she wants to make so you can take her picture. Maybe she is a budding photographer too.
Okay, girl. I think I'm officially sold on your camera. My friend Lillie has one just like it, and it's amazing what kind of pictures you can take! I love your pictures! I know how that feels when you have to go back to work. I did that with Lillie, and it literally crushed me. How sweet of your mom to watch the kids, she is so amazing. That's got to make it all worth it right there. I bet your friends at work were happy to have you back!!
p.s. Dan sure had fun seeing you guys last weekend, maybe someday we'll all live close by again. Sigh.
Hey sis, I just absolutley love that picture of Katie with that darling lip and smile. I can't wait to go to the zoo, and then Canon Beach wahoo! Love ya tons!
The tulips are beautiful! I would love to go, maybe next year. It great to have you back at work, but I know how hard it is to be away from your babies!
So those Brooklyn people..are you talking about USA photonation (something like that). I had a horrible experience with them too!! I hope work is going well! I got your number from Lynndi so I'll call you soon. We need to get together!
Post a Comment