Happy Father's Day to my father. Definitely, without a doubt, the greatest dad on the planet. I am so grateful for the life he has given me. He has and continues to be a wonderful father. I can count on him for anything I ever need. He is one of the most generous and loving people I know. He would do anything for his family. I am truly blessed to call him "dad." I love you!

And the, of course, there is my wonderful husband who adores being a father. I will forever have his look of joy as he held each of our children for the first time emblazened in my mind. Watching him love and teach our children is something that truly makes my heart melt. I am so grateful for the father he is and for the things he will teach to our children. They are truly lucky to have such a wonderful father!
4 comments:
What a sweet post! You do have an amazing father and a wonderful husband. Aren't we lucky to have such great men in our lives? My computer is being so slow, so I'm anxiously waiting to see the cute pictures you painted. I didn't know you were an artist too. Girl, what don't you do? Hope you are having a good day!
That was so sweet, and I love these pictures. Okay, and you HAVE to tell me how you made these pictures!! Wow! I love little Joey's room...absolutely adorable, and how fun to decorate with 'boy' stuff. We're sure excited to see you guys!
Melissa,
I always love your blog posts! I am also enjoying your photography--I can see that you're playing around and improving. How exciting that you're shooting a wedding! I don't even know where to begin on the advice...I guess I would stalk other local photographers blogs (especially if they shoot in the same venue--the temple?) and see their posing, lighting, backgrounds. If there is no open shade, I always (actually, I kinda prefer it) the backlit look. Just be sure to meter for skin tones always otherwise the faces will be really underexposed. There is a book called "Understanding Exposure" that you should get but I'm blanking on the author's name. It's a really good starting place. I would also get a basic understanding of white balance if you're not shooting raw. At the very least, know the settings on your camera, I wouldn't leave it on auto...it makes a big difference. Also, call me if you have questions about any of this. I'm so glad to help because so many people have helped (are helping) me along the way. Good luck! 541-951-4891
Also, I always go to photographers sites on the morning of a wedding and write down at least two new poses or ideas that I want to try. I don't usually look at it but I remember just from having written it down. I would take a list of poses and check it every once in a while. It's ok to stop for a minute to regain your composure (and check exposure)-you might feel really rushed, but you shouldn't! Take your time. Ok, that's all, for now. Really! :)
Post a Comment