Sunday, January 25, 2009

What was I thinking?


I had such high hopes for this little number. I am actually highly embarrassed to even be posting this baby.
It started out well. Daddy takes oldest for a fine day of skiing and baby is down for a nap. Just me and the cake decorating supplies. Cake baking went well. Fondant coloring went well. On to the the gum paste little animals. As I'm reading the instructions I notice the gum paste is supposed to sit overnight before use. I have three hours to party time. Gum paste animals are not happening. So sad!!!!! At this point I had half a mind to go to the grocery store and buy a dreaded sheet cake. However, after all my hard work I decided to make the animals out of fondant. I suppose they turned out ok, but not near what I was hoping for. Like I said, I had a real vision of how this would all play out. Blasted Vision!!! Lastly, I failed to realize a car ride was required to the final destination of the cake. And that's one reason why this engine is struggling on oh so many levels! Oh well, it tasted great. Guess no one really cares what it looks like as long as it tastes good. Right?!

***Oh and my napping baby woke up a half an hour before the deadline. So as I'm sticking the animals into the cake he managed to dump bread crumbs all over the floor, pull out a good portion of plastic wrap and tin foil, pot and pans, and empty a portion of the lazy susan. A grand total of five minutes. WOW!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow!!!1 I am impressed that you would even attempt something so major! kudos to you!!!

Lindsay Heitz said...

Just think what a great memory it will be. I actually think it is cute. You're just too hard on yourself. :)