Yesterday Todd took Katie skiing for the whole day at Snowbird. It's hard to believe that a four year old can ski a whole day and walk to the car! Kudos to her. Not to mention, she took a trip down her first black diamond run. She getting so big and yet she just a little squirt coming down the mountain. Later that day, Joey and I headed up to meet them for a little ski free after 3 at Alta. It's definitely one of our favorite activities!
It really was a beautiful day to be outside in the mountains you really would have to try to not enjoy it. And yet, it seemed almost everyone on that ski hill was ticked about something. Seriously, yelling and screaming at their poor kids who are trying to be brave and ski down the mountain. I mean really, do you think your kid is going to enjoy the sport if they are crying the whole way down and your yelling at them? Oh, and I failed to mention the profanity that was coming from these parents' mouths~WOW! So, I suppose my point in this rant is-why take your kids to do something that is supposed to be fun and force them to hate it?
On another note, I'm praying that my happy little pansies survive the 7 inches of snow that fell on them today. I'm seriously considering sweeping the snow off and covering them with a plastic drap. I'll really be devestated if they don't pull through. They have brought such a smile to my face this last week.
Joey learned how to say "balloon" this weekend. It's adorable. He runs around the house pulling it behind him saying, "Ba oon, Ba oon!" Can I freeze him at this stage forever?
Last night my husband willingly watched The Notebook on TV with me. I think he secretly enjoyed it. We stayed up for an hour after talking about how awful it would be to forget your whole life and awesome it would be if you could die at the same time with resorting to drastic measures. Hopefully we'll get that lucky when we're 90+ years and have finished our travels and discoveries of this world together. Love those late night talks.
Tomorrow I have to go get all kinds of ridiculous tests done in an effort to solve some of the mysteries of my body. Thrill! Not really.
And, on Wednesday I get to take pictures of a super cute baby boy. I'm so excited.
Wow, that was a lot junk on my mind.
4 comments:
I am so impressed that Katie can do a BLACK DIAMOND run!! Wow, she is amazing!! We're going to brave the whole ski thing with the kids next Christmas. I learned when I was 4, so it seems like a good age. Dan definately did not get his skiing fix this last time, so he's having serious withdrawals. And how cute are those St. Patrick's pictures?! You do such a good job with your photography.
I am one of those parents dragging their kids to do something "fun" while yelling (remember). My bad:) Glad we can still be friends.
Brooke,
You're so full of it. You can't be mean. Besides I doubt you use the F-bomb with your children.
That is amazing that she can ski a whole day. I can;t even ski a whole day!!!! Way to go Katie!
Post a Comment