Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day!



It felt like mother's day this year more than any other year. Katie has become very aware of holidays and adores celebrating them. She had asked me several times a day last week how many "minutes" until mother's day? She just couldn't wait to give me her "special present" she made at preschool. She was thrilled to go with daddy to pick out just the right thing for me. I felt special.

I am amazed at how my love can continue to grow for these precious souls I've been given. They are the light of my life. It really is quite impossible for me to recall what life was like before.

~I'm quite sure I had never counted to ten in my head so many times a day
~I'm certain we did not have a timeout chair
~I enjoyed my showers and sleeping in on Sundays
~Pretty sure my house was clean


On the flip side

~I never knew my capacity to love
~I have an unbelievable amount of gratitude for my own mother
~I would sacrifice anything for them
~I love my husband more than the day I married him
~I never knew how much joy could come from a smile
~"I love you mommy" melt my heart

I would fill my home with many many children if I could!
Happy Mother's Day!








2 comments:

Chelsa said...

What a sweet tribute. Your kids are adorable. It makes me feel so lucky to be a mom!

Aimee said...

Adorable! I love it. Your pictures are beautiful!