Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's a.....

BOY!!!!!

Before I left for the doctor I told Katie to draw a picture of a boy baby and a girl baby on her easel and when mommy came home she would circle which one was coming to our family. She was so excited. I came home when she was asleep and got talking with my mom about the new baby and forgot to circle the right baby. When she woke up from her nap she came downstairs and reminded me that I had forgotten to circle one. I told her I would just tell her right now if she wanted or I would go circle on for her. She just wanted to know right then.

The news was devestating to her. She cried for a half an hour and wouldn't let me even hold her. I think she thought I had something to do with this gender selection. (Little does she know that that would be her dad's fault!) She kept saying she didn't want another boy. We already had Joey. We didn't need any more boys in our family!

After a couple hours of pure sadness she finally said, "Next we'll have twin girls, right mom? We have to have more girls than boys in our family!" I, of course, agreed that it was always a possibilty, but we would need to see if Heavenly Father agreed with that idea! She promptly replied that He would and that was that.

Later that night when I was going to bed I glanced at her easel and noticed there was a very large and aggressive X through the boy baby and a nice big circle around the girl baby. I couldn't help but laugh. I'm sure she'll warm up to the idea as the months go by. A baby is a baby--at least for a little while.


No comments: