Zion National Park
I love this park. It is abosultey breath taking! We haven't been there since they implemented the shuttle bus and it really was quite pleasant. You could see and enjoy a lot more. Plus, the random tidbits of information were kind of interesting.
We took a few different hikes. Nothing too outrageous since we had the kids. I have never struggled much with a fear of heights until recently. I started thinking about when this all changed and it just so happens it occured with the birth of our children. My stomach was churning during several stretches of the hiking. Joey even informed me that I was hurting his hand I was holding it so tight. Guilty!! But, if you've meet Joe or Katie and seen how they don't pay attention (especially when frolicking through nature) and they seem to dance to where ever they're going to, then you would completely understand. And, I must be so much more paranoid about it than Todd. Of course, there were times when his voice firm and his grip was tight, but he was rolling his eyes at me more than a few times.
Like this bridge. Totally paranoid Joey was going fall through. And now, as I'm looking at this picture I'm thinking I'm really nuts. But, I swear it looked so much more dangerous when we were on it and he was trying to poke his legs, head or whatever through.
A feeding frenzy! Seriously, they are like wild beasts who haven't been feed in weeks when they hear any sort of wrapper. I promise we do feed them frequently.
Joe really wanted a picture with the red road, but thought he the pose would be better suited on this rock. Sometimes I wonder about that kid. Oh, and not like the above picture is doing him any favors as he digs for gold. Yikes! Just noticed that. And, poor Katie is totally wiped out waiting for the bus. I couldn't believe how well and how far these two hiked on their own.
The sleeping arrangements for this trip proved interesting. The plan was to put John in the Pack n' Play and Katie and Joey would share the other bed. Very bad plan! Joe was so excited he jist didn't know what to do with himself. He was all over the place and a complete pest to poor Katie. So plans changed and Joe went to the pack n' play and John slept on a bed of hotel towels atop the luggage rack squished between the bed and a chair. He didn't seem to mind.

No comments:
Post a Comment