Thursday, November 20, 2008

Body Worlds 3

We went to this on Saturday! We were a little worried because it was a last minute decision and we couldn't get a babysitter. So, yes, we took our kids. Is Katie scarred for life? No. She thought it was "cool." She even told everyone at preschool about going to see the "hips" with mom and dad. I was worried we might get a few questions about the male/female parts. She really only recognized the girl parts and wondered why they looked so strange. I told her it was because these people had died, but there bodies were preserved for us see how they work. She thought for a minute and said, "Oh, so there up with Hevaenly Father now." And then, she walked off.

I highly reccommend seeing this before it leaves in a few weeks. Don't go on Saturday though. We waited in line for over an hour and then it took at least an hour to walk through. We skipped some of the stuff because Todd and I have seen plenty in our anatomy lab years. The full body's were AMAZING! It's funny because they all looked so young without their skin, but as you looked closer you could see joint replacements in a few.

My favorite was the embryo beginnings of life. The actually had a baby for each week from 4-9 weeks. I had no idea that a 9 week baby looked so much like a full term baby only bigger. It's hard to believe there are people out there who say that isn't a life yet.

Anyway, it was very cool. Our bodies are amazing things. I feel very blessed to have one that works so well for me.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

oooh, I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to see this! Also, great job on your sister's family pics. Your nephew is a cutie!