Saturday, June 5, 2010

Who's John






























Scenario #1
The other night Todd and I were lounging on the couch. He was working on something kayak, ski or work related and I was enjoying some uninterrupted time with baby John. At one point, John was doing something cute and the conversation went something like this....

Me: "Look at John."

Todd: no response

Me: "Todd, look at John"

Todd with a puzzled look: "Who's John."

Me: "You know, your son."

Todd: "Oh, that's right, I forgot we named him John."

Me laughing hysterically: "Hmm, weren't you the one that came up with the name John?!"

Scenario #2
One rainy afternoon I was playing with the children in the basement when Todd got home from work. He greeted Joey and Katie with a kiss. (I was sitting on the couch holding baby John.) As he turned around to greet me he seemed very surprised. Then he said, "Oh, I forgot we had three kids. Hi baby."

Apparently, he's having a little trouble adjusting to three kids!

3 comments:

Jen I said...

That's hilarious.

Lillie said...

This was hilarious… and I can totally imagine it happening in my house. My kids go by "the baby" for like the first 6 months… I think we're both uncomfortable with this random name we just ASSIGNED to them. I keep hoping I'll adjust quicker each time… Congrats!!!!! He's perfect. And I die over how lovely you look at the hospital and everything… (I'm ten weeks shhh--- not blogging it yet) and I'm already puffing up everywhere from eating every 11 seconds to curb the nausea--- you inspire. :)

Aimee said...

That is hilarious!!!!! :)