Monday, October 4, 2010

Woodland Fairy Party

After last years party I said I probably wouldn't do one this year. We grew up on the every other year party plan and I really wanted to implement it in our family as well. They're a lot of work. But, I realized we'll have just moved to New Zealand next year and we really won't know very many people so it made sense to do the party this year and then start the every other. So, we did.

I had so much FUN with this party. Katie and I scoured the Internet for a theme. She decided on a fairies and I was thrilled. What an easy party to find all kinds of fun ideas. And, I was able to decorate and make most everything from stuff I already had!

We have the most ideal backyard for this party. As the girls came they each picked a set of wings and a tutu to wear. Then they put on their fairy makeup and made their own jar of "pixie dust."

Tutus: Fabric from Joanns $1 per tutu
Wings: Halo Heaven $1.70





































Pixie Dust Grotto

I had these containers left over from another activity and I just added a paper butterfly to the top to dress it up. Th pixie dust is just glitter I already had as well. The girsl absolutely loved this part. They were sprinkling each other with fiary dust the whole time. It was so fun to see all the imaginative play going on!













































Fairy House Hunt

We went on a fairy house hunt to find all the things they would need to decorate a fairy house. This was so much fun. I told a story before each stop and then they had to "hunt" around the yard to find the specific thing they were looking for. I had all of these things in my craft box and it was so nice to get rid of them!

Flower Garden--flowers and leaves
Butterfly Garden-- paper butterflies
Toadstool Garden--moss and acorns (from our yard)
Water Garden--dew drops (flat glass marbles) and rocks
Fairy Garden--a fairy (wooden head with flowers for a body and thread for hair)
Fairy House--wooden birdhouse Joanns $1






























Fairy Feast

Toadstool Cupcakes--cupcakes with toadstool cupcake pops. Tutorial on Bakerella
Ladybugs- sliced apples with chocolate frosting
Fairy Feathers--cotton Candy
Fairy Berries--raspberries and straberries
Butterfly and Snail Sanwiches--PB&J butterfly cutout and rolled jelly sandwiches
Fairy Trail mix-trail mix
Dandelion Milk--Lemonade
























































All in all it was a fun party. And, I think she like it.......

3 comments:

Jen I said...

That seriously looks like it's straight out of Martha Stewart. (I'm sure the amazing photography helps!) You should hire out. I'm glad we're not neighbors so I don't have to have a birthday party after yours! :)

And woah, New Zealand??? I must have missed something. I'll have to ask your in-laws here to fill me in. (By the way, they're awesome, it's really fun that they're here!)

Aimee said...

Holy cow! I have never seen such a party in my entire life!!!! WOW! I can't even imagine how many hours that took you to prepare. Completly amazing!

Brooke Eriksen said...

Holy smokes woman! You are one seriously talented lady!!!