The day started out with a super quick breakfast because John had an appointment. Once we were there we waited TWO hours to see the doctor. That has never happened to us before. They are always so good to be on time and fast. Let me tell you, three kids in a cramped exam room for an extended period of time equals crazy mama! We barely survived. Joey was crying over John getting his shots which was super sweet. And then, he didn't blink an eye when they gave him his flu shot. When they were done he looked at me and said, "That kinda hurt mom," with the most straight face ever. I really had to try not to laugh. And then, there was Katie. Katie who was pretty much bawling from the second the nurse came in with the consent form for me to sign. When it was her turn she went balistic. We're talking she was climbing up the wall screaming. I was so embarassed! The funny thing was she continued with that sherade even after the shot was given and she was totally unaware that it was all over. She assumed the lady had given up and left. She looked at me and asked why the nurse didn't end up giving her the shot. REALLY?!!! I really had to try and keep it together knowing it was her birthday and all, but I really wanted to hang her by her toenails!
So, that was our morning. Then it was off to Kindergarten with her "store bought treat." I really hate that you can't make anything homemad anymore. It just seems so much less birthday to walk into Harmons and purchase a tub of bakery cookies and call it a birthday treat. Of course, she knows nothing different, but I do. I have such great memories of helping my mom make cupcakes to take to school and being so proud of them and that my mom was there to help me pass them out. Oh well, she was completely thrilled with chocolate chip cookies from Harmons.
That evening we had a little family party with my parents and sister. She picked pasta for dinner. So, I made her some plain spaghetti noodles with parmesan cheese and then lasagna for the rest of us. I can't believe she picked plain pasta for her birthday dinner, but she really does love it.
Dinner couldn't go by fast enough for her. She had been dying to open her presents since that morning when she got up. That girl can sure unwrap in a hurry. I think we done in a matter of minutes with the whole present thing. I was barely able to snap pictures!
And yes, there was a theme to her presents this year as well. It was all things fairy!
A fairy doll from Grossmutter
A tinkerbell watch and stickers from Aunt Jackie and Uncle Casey
Winter clothes and a camera from mom and dad
A razor scooter and Tinkerbell jewelry kit from Grandma and Papa.
And a few weeks before--a special party with Grandma Barb and Grandpa as will as some tickle monster gloves and the book to go with!
She was one lucky and happy little girl. And now, I have a dramatic, loving and absolutely adorable little/big SIX year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment