Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tide and British accents

Today I pulled out a shirt I haven't worn since before we moved. It smelled like Tide. More importantly is smelled like my mom's Tide. You can't buy Tide here. It made me terribly homesick and I wanted to cry.
Then we went to a playgroup where another mom, who had just returned from a trip to the states, was talking about how she wished she lived in America because people were so nice there and they had stores like Costco and Target and it was so cheap. I wanted to cry again.

Then another mom with the most perfect and strong British accent (everything seems to be so much more funny when told with a British accent....at least to me) started telling the most hilarious story and we were all laughing hysterically and it felt so good. There are good and friendly people all over the world with or without Tide and Costco and I am thankful for that.

*If you need a good laugh too go here.

No comments: