Why, I ask you, is this whole swimsuit thing such a nightmare?!!! I am currently swimsuitless! (Is that even a word?) I have once again begun the hopeless search of a modest comfortable swimsuit. You know, the one that isn't riding up or the one you are checking to make sure "no one" is escaping while you chase your children around the pool or beach. Well, I am in need of one by the end of May. I would make one if I could, but have you seen the swimwear section in the fabric store? YUCK!!So, for example, take this polka dot suit. She makes it look very cute. It appears to cover all those important places, is a "family friendly" suit and isn't too terrible looking. But, on further examination the fabric is very thin, not lined or padded for "the girls" and it costs an arm and a leg. Talk about making me CRAZY!
I suppose I could just show up to the pool in one of these baby's. I'm sure I would get a few looks. I mean look at what it does for their legs! YIKES. Do they even make these anymore?So, the quest continues. Any helpful sites or stores would be great. I have heard good things about MODBE in Orem, so I'm headed there next week some time. If anyone else struggles with this whole thing, please share. Maybe we can help each other. I'll let you know if I have any success. . . .
In the meantime, wouldn't it be great if our legs and buttocks were still considered cute if they looked like this?! (Someday this little guy is going to kill me, but I couldn't resist!!)

13 comments:
He stands up!? That picture is so classic...He will love it!
Yeah, I noticed the standing up thing too! I had some success with a tankini (two pieces - that's what it's called, right?) last year at Target. And I could mix and match tops and bottoms until I found the right combo. I found one that gathered on the sides, so I could loosen them a bit to make it longer (important for us tall people). Let us know where you succeed.
Melissa you are so funny! Tim's in the other room wondering why I'm laughing out loud. I'm so happy I don't have to find a swimsuit this summer (maternity swimsuits aren't meant to be cute.) I'm thinking I'll go the tankini route next year. They cover everything, are more comfortable, and they seem to be a little more modest (surprisingly, even though it's two pieces.) Keep us posted. On another note.....I love that bare bum picture! Too cute. I can't believe he's standing so well. See you soon!
Have you ever looked at Lands End? They sell modest suits that cover and are comfortable. They have a lot of different types and they have cute prints. I too, hate swim suit shopping :( Good Luck - Jen T.
It is a relief for short stubby folks like me to hear that perfectly shaped individuals such as you also hate the whole swim suit buying drama. Good luck with the journey though!! Ditto to Jen, Land's end has great swim suits. Shade also has a swimsuit line they are kind of plain but look like they are a good cut. Also that picture is so stinkin' cute!!! I can not believe he is standing!
www.modbecatalog.com check the site out so maybe it can save you a trip down south. I love ther bathing suits!
I too am struggling with the whole swim suit thing. Babies just kill the body. I did find some on Lands end. They have a slender suit mock tankini that goes higher in the front and criss crosses in the back, I'm in the process of ordering it now. Also Sears sells Lands end if you wnat to go and try on. Good luck with the quest!!
Melissa, you crack me up! Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling in that department right now! It's terrible! You would look great in anything, though! But I know what you mean, trying to find the right 'fit'. I kind of like the halter top type of tankini...I tend to not have the skinniest of arms, and the halter thing kind of gives me somewhat of a little toned shoulder look. You'll have to let us all know where you found one! Good luck!
I just got one on layersclothing.com. They have some cute ones..a little pricey but I thought it was worth it. Its hard to find a good one. Good luck!
I haven't visited your cute blog for awhile. It's nice to see you again. As for the swimsuit dilemma, it's a life long battle. I like athleta swimsuits because they are sporty and give good coverage. Good luck!
Hey there,
I am also having the same trouble on finding a swimming contraption! HEE HEE!! We will have to go shopping together or something. That picture of Joey is priceless, I can't believe how strong he is. Love ya tons! Have a wonderful day!
I love that picture. I have a modbe swimsuit that I love. You should check them out.
I am not tall, but I also hear that Land's End accommodates the shorter end of us and the tall and lanky. Besides, you can shop online, they have a virtual model that works pretty well.
Good luck!!!
Post a Comment