Sunday, September 21, 2008

Disgruntled Nurse

It's 1:30 am and I have nothing better to do, but blog about why I'm still awake waiting for the next unfortunate soul to come out of the OR.

I am a little disgruntled about being here tonight. When I originally came in, oh, SEVEN hours ago it was for a quick 30 minute procedure. I thought I was home free for the night. I really should have known better when my husband said, "Where are all the ortho cases?"

That statement is why I'm still here people. Although I do wonder why sooo many children have managed to mangle themselves on a rainy blustery day. For heavens sakes, what happened to making cookies on a rainy Saturday afternoon? Instead we have two year olds climbing 15 ft ladders, jumping on a wet trampoline and falling of a slide. Who knows how the next two victims managed to hurt themselves on a "cookie baking day!"

Really, I am starting wonder if anyone has any common sense at all when it comes to being a parent. I mean a 15 ft ladder and two year old should NEVER mix!

Oh, and don't even get me started on the father who thought it was amusing that his 13 year old son had punched a few nurses for not doing things "his" way. And, his favorite word to use when speaking to the staff begins with the letter F--and its not the word fun!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Melissa you crack me up. I HATE taking call at night, you poor thing. and why the heck are so many kids playing out in the rain. Don't you just want to tell the dad of the f bombing kid what a crappy parent he is? I need to set up a time with you to take my kids pictures.

Mary said...

You make me laugh. I hate it when I think that I am home free and then they add on 4 Appys. Why do they always wait until 10 pm to hit the ER? Oh, and Aimme reminded me, will you take my baby's photo?

Mary said...

oops, her name is Aimee, I really know how to spell!