Katie has been dying to start preschool for the last year and we finally did it last week.I was so proud of her! No tears and no clinging. She was a little shy when she first arrived which I was a little surprised with. (For those of you who know Katie--this is not typical.) She stood on the side of the room for a minute with her cute little head tilted in shy mode as she contemplated how this whole preschool thing should work. A couple minutes later she was stringing beads and waving goodbye. After a kiss, I was out the door.
I felt instant freedom as walked out the door despite the infant attached to my hip. I wondered if I would have one of those "I can't believe my baby is in preschool sobbing moments," but no, I was great. I think it is because I've had a whole year to gear up for this. She was ready and I was ready. Last year, I am quite certain, there would have been tears from both parties.
So, Joey and I were off to the grocery store. I couldn't believe how quick I was able to gather the things from my list. Instead of and hour trip it was a half hour. Whooooo~! I think it also had to do with the fact that I was not driving one of those crazy SUV shopping carts with the little bus on the front. You know, the one that arrives a whole isle before you and you're constantly apologizing for running into Granny Mae every minute.
And, then I cleaned my whole house and did laundry while Joey napped. This preschool thing is a dream. Don't get me wrong, I adore my child, but it is really hard to get things DONE when she is here and wanting to help! Hooray for Preschool!
1 comment:
Amen, sister!
Seth started this week, too...
I went to Hallmark without him pulling random cards off the rack...
I'm sure one of these days Amelia will be hard to shop with, but until then, I'm going to enjoy shopping with one again!
maybe tomorrow I'll get around to cleaning my house, too!
Post a Comment