Monday, September 22, 2008

Princess Party

Katie was dying to have a princess party this year. So, hopefully we have that genre out of the way for future parties (somehow I highly doubt it though).

Snow White seemed to be the favorite princess of the day. Katie wanted a Snow White cake and a Snow White dress to wear. So I attempted the cake. I suppose it turned out all right. I made it in the morning before her party and I noticed as the day wore on she began to sink farther and farther into the cake. Luckily, by party time, she had not been swallowed by the bottom of her dress. This, as any of you with 3-4 year olds know, would have been tragic.

The "princesses" painted princess pillowcases, pinned the crown on the Belle and played hide the poison apple. The girls receievd "fairy princess dust", tiarras and wands.

All in all things turned out great. No tears and no double princess outfits. Success!

*Note to self: In the future, remember painting and 10 little girls might not be the best plan.






2 comments:

PammyT said...

you have to be the coolest mama ever. and you made the cake too- awesome!

Adrianne said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for the awesome princess party. Annie is still talking about it. You have set the standard for princess future princess parties for sure.