Monday, September 27, 2010

John-- 4 months

It's funny how on the day I got married I couldn't imagine loving anyone more. And, then it was after Katie was born I was sure my heart would burst. And now, even with baby number three we are there. My heart continues to burst. He is just scrumptous! If he were a food I would eat him all day long. As each phase comes and goes I find myself just eating up every moment. He is so fun right now. Just a few thoughts...

He's figuring out how his little voice works. And his laugh is just precious.

He is now aware of his little arms and that he can make them do things if he concentrates hard enough. He's like a little robot. He'll stare at whatever it is he wants (toy, pacifier, blanket) and then he'll growl and grunt and coo at it. It's almost as if he's carrying on his own conversation with it. And when he realizes it is not going to get up and walk right into his mouth he musters up all his concentration and brings those little robot arms around to grab it take it immediately to his mouth. It really is adorable to watch.

He despises tummy time no matter what. He will kick, scream, snort and push his face into the ground. It really is the most painful 10 minutes of the whole morning.

The whole rice cereal or oatmeal thing was a definite NO. The first time was not too bad and since then it has been terrible. He sputters, dry heaves, turns his head from side to side and purses his lips as tightly as possibly. He definitely prefers the snack shack!

He sleeps through the night most of the time. That is if you count from 9-5am the night and I do!

Nap schedule...what nap scedule?

He loves love loves his brother and sister. They can get him to smile and laugh any time.

The outdoors remain top on his list.

He's a snuggler. Every morning when he wakes up I feed him and then he just curls into my side and we sleep for a few more hours. It really is heaven to have a cuddly baby.

He smells absolutely wonderful. And yet, his gas can knock your socks off.

His little cheeks are just firm little balls of fat that beg me to nibble on them everyday.

His toes are perfect little playdoh balls stuck to his feet.

He really is perfect in everyway possible. And, I love that I get to spend everyday loving all of him.

4 months--- 13 pounds 14 ounces & 25 inches




2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

John is so stinkin' cute!!!! I just want to snuggle with him. Your family is so cute. I miss you! Hopefully we will see you soon.

Wrights said...

I can TOTALLY relate to everything you said! I love those pics - who took them? I need to have some done as well.